As you remember I couple of days ago I thanked Emily of Fuss Free Cooking for mentioning me among her favorite blogs. By doing that she turned The Versatile Blogger award to me. It really made my day and today I finally find the time to write a decent blog post about that. So, here is the award....
and here is what comes together with the award.
First of all, I have to share 7 random things about myself. Ufff, that's hard...I mean, I am myself a very "random" person but picking 7 random things that you guys already don't know or might me interested in knowing....that's a different story....but here it goes:
1. I HATE....but really HATE....raw tomatoes....and I know this is shocking news! Cooking a little bit and I'm fine, cooking completely and I'm super happy, give me a tomato sauce and I will love you forever but don't ever ever ever make me eat a raw tomato and not even a salad that touched it. To understand how this is a burden in my life you have to remember I'm Italian....growing up in Italy where everybody has tomatoes in every dish and hating it was very hard!
2. I also used to not like cats....until I met my husband who already had 2 amazing (super weirdo) cats...at that point I wanted one more. Now we have 3 amazing (super weirdo) kitties...and you understand why I can't take step by step pictures of what I bake.
3. I have a tiny tiny tiny kitchen....but I'm serious: tiny! I don't even have a counter! Don't ask me how I bake with 3 cats and no counter but I do! (Now don't start thinking that what you see on my blog is fake! I really make it myself). I'm looking forward one day to move to a real home to have my dream kitchen...In the meantime, I have to be patient (Wally is always amazed of how I make good desserts in terrible conditions...I will take a pic of my kitchen soon and post it so you can see yourself)
4. I also do not have a Kitchen Aid :((( really? Really! Hey, I've been unemployed for six months waiting for my green card...I need to save up some money.
5. Up until my early twenties I was fluent in 5 languages: Italian, English, Spanish, French and German. I stopped using French and German...thus, I forgot them. I speak English and Spanish decent enough so that people don't bother correcting me anymore. That means I don't improve anymore. Now, in my early thirties I speak poorly Italian, English and Spanish :( yes, I'm even forgetting Italian sometimes :(
6. My mom hates baking, so don't ask me where I got this baking bug from but I'm glad I have it
7. The guy with whom I was for four years during my undergrad was great at cooking and always told me I sucked. He said that so many times that he even convinced me of that and I did not cook until 4 years ago. This blog is also a little revenge (too bad he does not even know it exists:))
And now comes the hardest part of receiving this award....I have to present it to my favorite bloggers! OMG, I read soooo many (yes, even if I don't leave many comments I do read as many as I can) that I don't know how to choose but I'll try....and you should really check them out! Even those that are in Italian have an English translation so don't get discouraged!
6. Teenie Cakes
7. Wild Yeast
Ok, I have many many many more favorite that I'm sure already got their award....just check out my blogroll and the bloggers that leave comments to my posts...I really do read back all their blogs.
Anyway, again....thank you Emily!